Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Super Sculptures


Tiny Tuesdays at the OKCMOA is a program for children ages 2-5. It is come and go art class designed for little ones. This month was filled with super sculpture making fun.

Photobucket

We talked about what sculpture is and got busy.

I had portions of clay in bags ready to go. I had the children warm up the clay in their hands first and create whatever shape they wanted.

Photobucket

Items were on the table ready to go!

Photobucket

Using our fine motor skills we picked little items to stick in our clay and even used our pincer grasp to thread beads on pipe cleaners.

Photobucket

You will need:
-Crayola Air Dry Clay
-Sequins, beads, pipecleaners, feathers, and more
-cardboard to sit clay on

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Shar said...

This is a great idea. I also really like the way you have compared 2D and 3D - simple but effective. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Erin- I am thrilled to see we'll both be presenting at the NAEA Carousel! I follow your blog and can't wait to meet you in person. Feel free to contact me anytime!
Jessica Balsley

Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree said...

Love these! My 4 year old daughter would love this!

Erin Laughpaintcreate said...

Shar, Thanks for the comment! The little ones seem to understand the 2D/3D concept this way pretty easily. I can ask as we go through the galleries afterwards and they seem to really get it.

Jessica, I am so glad you commented. I was up late a few nights ago reading blogs and saw that you are also attending! I was going to comment and then something came up and I could not remember the next day who it was! I follow your blog as well. I am looking forward to meeting you as well! Feel free to contact me if you wish! You can email me at laughpaintcreate (at) gmail.

It is going to be so much fun! See you in a month! Ack, a month! :)

Melissa, I hope you enjoy making them. My boys certainly do and it's easy enough they can do it themselves while we can do something we need to, like make dinner! :) Off to check out your blog!