Tuesday, May 3, 2011

In my neighborhood

Children enjoyed creating colorful neighborhoods and cities with me at the OKCMOA last weekend for Drop-in Art.

We talked about architecture and our neighborhoods and immediately began to get to work.

Think about what is in your neighborhood: houses, apartment buildings, sky scrapers, dog houses, schools, hospitals, museums, trees, parks, etc.

Cut your buildings from colorful cardstock.

Photobucket

Arrange cut buildings, trees, etc and glue down in three levels.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We use oil pastels to add details to our buildings. Oil pastels can be messy. Don't take too much paper off the pastel at a time and try to keep the back of your hand off the paper to avoid smearing.

Photobucket

So much fun. They are all so different, I love them all!

You will need:
-Cardstock
-Oil Pastels
-Scissors
-Glue sticks
-Pencils and erasers optional

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

RedTedArt said...

Oh my!! What a fabulous neighbourly project! I love it. I can't wait for my 3yrs old to be that little bit older. How wonderful!

I would for you to link up to Kids Get Crafty (every Wednesday with and for kids) http://www.redtedart.com/2011/05/04/kids-get-crafty-loo-roll-monsters/ old posts welcome!

Hope to see you there!

Maggy

Erin Laughpaintcreate said...

Maggy, thank you! I will take a look! :) Have a great day and I appreciate the kind comment and invitation.

Erin :)

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Those came out super cute! This is my first visit to your blog. Your projects look like they're so much fun to do!

Erin Laughpaintcreate said...

Rachel,
I have been a fan of your site for quite some time! I am so happy you stopped by! :) Have a great week!

Erin