Thursday, October 21, 2010

1st Grade Mosaics in Progress

Along with the 1st grade class projects, I was asked to do the 1st grade individual projects. Yes, I have been very busy! We are making mosaic tile frames. Easy enough.

I admit, I am a bit of an arts and crafts hoarder. I had all of these china and glass pieces for the kids to use since I used to dapple in mosaic. I chose china pieces that were not real sharp. I also did not include any pieces of the stained glass tiles I have. I did use the vitreous glass tiles. They have blunt edges.

Photobucket

I put a variety of pieces in a cardboard lid on each table. (the artroom tables each seat 4 kids) The frames I bought at Michael's for 1.50 each. I wiped a thick layer of glue on the frames so the students just had to pick and lay the pieces on the glue. I use WELDBOND.
It is fume free and non-toxic. It will hold china and glass etc. to wood. I also found some neat little animal beads among my goods. I threw those in too along with some letter beads. I will take some close up shots this weekend.

Photobucket

I have 39 frames to grout this weekend! Will keep you posted! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You will need:
-substrate to tile, ie: frame
-WELDBOND
-mosaic tiles, china, beads, etc.

I will cover grouting next post! :)

5 comments:

Jill said...

I love this! I'm going to have the kids make these for Christmas gifts for family members! I love all your great ideas, Erin!
-Jill

Unknown said...

CUTE, how special!

Qasim Khan said...

thanks for shairng great post Happy New Year 2021 wishes

whome2249 said...

The 1st-grade mosaics are absolutely delightful! It's heartwarming to see such vibrant and imaginative pieces created by these young artists. The use of colors and shapes demonstrates not only their creativity but also their developing fine motor skills. Each mosaic tells a unique story, showcasing the diverse perspectives of these budding talents. It's evident that the students put great effort into their work, and the result is a beautiful collection of art that brings joy to anyone who beholds it. Kudos to the 1st-grade artists for their fantastic job!

SkyeSweet1276 said...

Hey fellow art enthusiasts! I stumbled upon this incredible tool that has taken my mosaic projects to the next level. If you're tired of struggling with background removal, check out bgremover (depositphotos.com). It's user-friendly and works like magic! I noticed some of you were discussing techniques on the thread 1st Grade Mosaics in Progress. Imagine the possibilities this tool opens up for your creative endeavors. Give it a try and share your experience. Let's elevate our art together! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing the amazing creations this tool will inspire.